Monday, February 11, 2013

Flying Finish!

This Saturday will be my last time competing in the MIAC Conference Championship meet and after a 15 year long career in competitive swimming, I will say goodbye to swimming competitively.  There is a chance I will someday belong to a masters program and swim when I am older, but no longer will I be an active member of a family of 70+ swimmers.  There's no doubt I will always be a part of the swimming family and community because my passion for the sport is ingrained into my soul, but it will be... different (this is sad) but in a good way (trying to cheer myself up).  This meet will be my best one yet because I know I will swim my heart out and give it everything I have left.  My emotions are definitely mixed with excitement, nervousness, and anxiousness.  My team actually has the chance to claim both men's and women's championship titles for the first time in all of St. Thomas history, which adds to the mix as well!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment